The show command will print the specified objects and streams to stdout. Streams are decoded and non-printable characters are represented with a period by default.
mutool show [options] file.pdf [object numbers ...]
- -p password
- Use the specified password if the file is encrypted.
- -o file
- Write output to file instead of stdout.
- Print streams as binary data and omit the object header.
- Print streams in their original encoded (or compressed) form.
Specify objects by number, or use one of the following special names:
- 'xref' or 'x'
- Print the cross reference table.
- 'trailer' or 't'
- Print the trailer dictionary.
- 'encrypt' or 'e'
- Print the encryption dictionary.
- 'pagetree' or 'p'
- List the object numbers for every page.
- 'grep' or 'g'
- Print all the objects in the file in a compact one-line format suitable for piping to grep.
- 'outline' or 'o'
- Print the outline (table of contents).